Friday, January 13, 2012

If You Could See a Lighter on a Radio Show, I'd Have Been Holding One Up: I got to talk to one of my personal parenting gurus, Howard Glasser, on the Inclusive Class radio show today, and I felt like a squee-ing fangirl at the feet of a rock star, yelling out familiar tunes to play. "Tell the analogy about the video game!" "Talk about Kodak moments!" "Tell us where to put our energy!" I knew all the words, you know? I've been singing these songs since my son was in the fourth grade, and someone referred me to Glasser's Transforming the Difficult Child: The Nurtured Heart Approach, and it actually did transform my personal difficult child, and my style of parenting, and my suggestions to teachers. Awesome stuff. Listen to the episode below to hear me doing the equivalent of a 30-minute "Woooo-hooooo!" as I lean against the stage.



Listen to internet radio with SpecialNeedsTalkRadio on Blog Talk Radio

No comments: