Friday, March 04, 2005

You are getting sleeeeeeeepy

I have fallen into this very bad habit of falling asleep the second the kids go to bed -- sometimes before -- and then waking up in the wee hours and doing all the things I should have done the previous evening, like, oh, say, writing this blog. (The date and time on this shows 8:54 p.m., which is the time I opened the template up, following which I sat down to watch cartoons with my son and woke up around 4 a.m. And now here I am. Good morning!) It's getting to the point where I sleep in my clothes more than I sleep in my PJs. My husband, who has to get up early for work, is stuck in the same pattern -- falls asleep on the couch watching TV, and is still there when the alarm goes off. It's like we're some sort of cliched feuding couple, with the husband sleeping on the couch. But really, we're just worn out. I'd attribute this to old age, but it's the sort of thing I used to do in college, using anything, even sleep, to put off doing work that needed to be done. You'd think I would have outgrown that kind of procrastination by age 45. You'd be wrong. The only difference is, instead of falling asleep after the Tonight Show goes off, I'm now falling asleep during "Jay Jay the Jet Plane."

No comments: